Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Stigmata - Wayne Houchin


Ok, so this is a really fun effect. I love the video and the different versions you can use. The direct mind reading effect is hit or miss, so I don't recommend using it. One save I might recommend is to have them select a number 1-10, and whatever number they say - if you are wrong, then have them select a card from the deck... the amount of cards down as the number they select, but force the card that has the number you had predicted they would think of.

Anything from Wayne Houchin is awesome. He's an excellent performer and great with details as he explains his effects. I showed this to co-workers the next day after learning this, and people literally FREAKED OUT. People were talking about it the rest of the day. People said things like, "I know that this is just a trick, but this really blew my mind.. I have to remind myself that this is just a trick"

If you don't have stigmata yet, I would recommend getting it as soon as possible, since the reactions are amazing. If you like this type of magic, I also would recommend any of Banachek's videos.
Pros: practical magic that you will actually use
apparent mind reading with a few different methods
easy, step-by-step instruction
very nice video quality
definite "wow" factor
Cons: There really aren't any that I can see except for the direct reading method. If it works, then people really do freak out, but if it doesn't work - you are left trying to dig yourself out.

No comments: