Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Loops by Yigal Mesika - Levitate anything!


Most of the magic I buy, I am usually pretty happy with. This particular product was a let down, every step of the way.
First, I opened up the package to see the loops. They were a bit thicker than I imagined. I have used invisible thread before, but these loops were quite easy to see, I thought.
Then, I tried practicing some tricks from the book I purchased along with it. The loops broke! I went through like 2-3 loops just on one trick, and I hadn't hardly done anything at all to break them!
Now, I only had a couple of loops left, so I decided to try a trick I had practiced out on someone. I showed a trick, but the spectator saw the thread just as easily as I had suspected. All the literature says that no one will look for it, since they don't know it is there... but come on - if someone is levitating an object, most people are going to try and notice anything holding it up.
The loops are not invisible, and were quite a disappointment. The dark color showed up easily against the cards I used. Loops are a waste of money. You might find more success with them than I did, but I've seen other's comments in forums about the loops, and a lot of people don't like them. I prefer invisible thread, but - all in all, I'd rather learn some sleight of hand instead.

No comments: