Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sankey's Greatest Hits



Are you looking for some really good magic? Look no further!! If you don't have Sankey's Greatest Hits, then you really should go out and buy it.

Jay Sankey is known around the globe for his incredible jaw dropping magic. His magic is simple and easy to perform. This 3 DVD collection is full of all of his greatest hits, hence the name. I have this set, and I watched the performances. I couldn't wait to learn the secrets!! Once I started learning the secrets, I practiced until I was ready. These tricks are some of the hardest hitting effects I have performed.

One of my favorite from this DVD set. Ask a spectator to choose a card. The card is shown, and placed under the spectator's hand face up. A different card is shown, then the backside of the card is burned. The card is then felt on the hand of the spectator to be warm from the heat of being burned. Then, with a magical word or gesture, the card no longer is burned... but the card that the spectator has had under their hand face up, now is burned on the backside.

I have performed the routines and effects from this DVD set, and I have to say- WOW!!! Absolutely great magic, and great reactions. I have not been unhappy with anything from Sankey, except for Airtight, but even then - I was happy with the effect and knowing the secret, I just didn't have any practical use for it.

The great thing about Sankey, is you will learn some concepts in magic from him, and see his tricks he has created with these concepts. Then, you'll find yourself using these concepts making up your own tricks. Get anything Sankey, in my opinion. I have always been happy with his videos. His greatest hits combines all the BEST stuff, but then again.. his stuff is so great you really need to get everything anyway.

Pros: Lot's of the tricks shown in here are great for table hopping, and require little or no setup

You'll see how the tricks are performed and then broken down into easy bite-sized pieces

Difficult sleights are gone over in extra detail, and even slowed down

Cons: some tricks require some practice, but what good magic doesn't require any practice

No comments: